In collaboration with JCPenney
Remember back-to-school shopping?! New clothes, shoes, schools supplies, backpacks. When I was a kid, I thought it was so much fun. Now that I’m a mom, I think to my own mom needing to get three kids ready for a new school year—on a budget. One lesson I learned from her is to look for quality clothes that will stand up to wear and wash. I’m keeping that in mind as I get Julia ready for preschool. (Side note: I can’t believe how much she’s grown!?)
Here are my kid picks from the Arizona collection, with an eye toward clothes that will work whether your kid is curling up with a book or running full-speed on the playground!
- Peplum plaid top: Incredible soft, adorable shape
- Coral splash tank: Better than basic and looks cute under cardigans
- Printed leggings: My girl can never have enough
- Frill jean jacket: Love the detail above the pockets
- Belted mid-thigh shorts: For when it still feels like summer but you’re in school
- Stylish flannel: Should last your kid through fall and winter
- Ultra-cool t-shirt: Love this color combo
- Essential joggers: With a pocket to store treasures
- Hoodie jean jacket: Staying cozy on the way to school
- Camo cargo shorts: For acting out rescue missions during recess
Another reason to love the Arizona collection? JCPenney will be donating $1 for each pair of Arizona Jeans sold to support the YMCA’s academic achievement programs. Be sure to check out my recap of the JCP x YMCA event if you missed it. Wishing everyone a wonderful new school year!